Simply put, wedding style is what you and your partner want the wedding to be like. It refers to everything visual, but also to the atmosphere of the wedding. The flower arrangements, the setting of the wedding, lightning, wedding colors, as well as the materials of your wedding gown and linens. Whether small or big, these aesthetic choices are what make each wedding unique, and what helps you find the wedding style you like.
Does Wedding Style Really Matter?
If you are planning a wedding alone or you are doing it with the planners, it is important to determine the preferred wedding style. Doing it in the early stages of planning will make the process so much easier. Choosing between different locations, flower arrangements and invitations can be tricky if you didn’t determine your style yet.
Finding style means you won’t be wasting hours looking through modern or rustic details if you know you want a classic or boho ones. Picking a proper wedding style will help find the vendor quickly.
The Most Popular Wedding Styles
We have summoned up the most popular wedding styles. They all have a list of elements that people use to recognize and distinguish them.
Classic Wedding Style
Certainly one of the most popular wedding styles, the classic one is simply timeless. It follows up with the tradition and stays in style no matter what season and year are. This style is all about elegance, sophisticated elements, subtle wedding colors, and grace.
- Neutral color palettes – beige, cream, ivory, navy blue, gold, and black
- White florals with greenery
- Ballrooms, gardens, museums, private clubs, and estates
- Traditional wedding dresses in white or ivory
- Damask linens
- Elegant invitations with classic black lettering
- Black or white tie
- Traditional hairstyles like chignons, ponytails, and French twists, and classic makeup
- Creamy tiered white cakes on classic stands
Modern Wedding Style
When you think of modern style, just imagine clean lines, minimalistic decor, fashionable aesthetics. You can see that this modern style focuses on geometric shapes, unusual textures, and bold details.
- Black and white decor
- Minimalistic attires
- Dots, triangles, and stripes as bold geometric details
- Calla lilies and Craspedia flower arrangements
- Unique venues – brewery, loft, hotel, rooftop, terrace, vinery
- Sleek hairstyles with minimalistic details
Boho Wedding Style
Many people opt for a boho wedding style. They like to be close to nature, connected with themselves, in the natural environment. These eclectic weddings are truly unique. Boho style doesn’t know boundaries – there is everything, from colorful rugs to layered attires and natural materials.
- Floral Crowns
- Tribal Design
- An array of bright and vivid colors
- Boots with dresses
- Lanterns in Morrocan style
- Orient rugs
- Wildflowers, succulents, and cacti for the flower arrangements
- Mismatched textiles
Rustic Wedding Style
When someone says rustic we think of cowboy boots immediately. However, as for the wedding style, rustic means something that is a bit rough, natural, organic, and loosely arranged with flowers. Rustic weddings are perfect for creating a folksy style – located exactly at the old barn.
- Wooden tables with no linens
- Loosely arranged florals
- Metal details
- Mismatched chairs
- Mason jars for decor
- Glass bottles
- Wooden signs
- Boots for farms and barns venues
- Lawn games for all guests at the reception
Vintage Wedding Style
If you are a fan of old things, the best ones from the past then vintage wedding style might be the right one for you. It outgrows all wedding trends. This style is timeless, alongside a classic one. The weddings create specific nostalgic vibes, no matter which period you want to include. Some like to make vintage ‘90s weddings, while others go way back to the ‘60s.
- Vintage cars for groom and bride
- Mismatched and patented china
- A lot of lace
- Old-fashioned gadgets
- Pastel hued bouquets
- Family heirlooms, worn by the bride
- Tweed suits and vests
- Pearls as main jewelry
Preppy Wedding Style
Preppy style means you like to combine glamour, monograms, and perfectly tailored suits. Bright colors, open spaces, peonies, and other elegant elements of this style will definitely buy you and convince you into making your wedding to be a preppy one.
- Bright colors
- Loafers for men guests
- Designer brands for attires – Ralph Lauren Polo, Lacoste, etc
- Golf clubs, yachts, private estates
- Round bouquets for decoration
- Navy blue, pink, and green
- Stripes, polka dot, and plaid prints
Mix and Match Styles
Don’t hesitate and worry if you can’t find the exact style you have imagined. It is actually common for couples to mix and match wedding styles. Like everything else in life, mixing aesthetics of different styles is normal and will absolutely make your wedding unique. You can make a mashup of three or even four styles at once.