Wedding day is one of those once-in-a-lifetime events that stay in your mind forever. A wedding dress, as well as the whole ceremony, is something that you need to plan perfectly, the Wedding day is one of those “once in a lifetime” events that stay in your mind forever. A wedding dress, as well as the whole ceremony, is something that you need to plan perfectly, organize everything, and finally enjoy it. Picking the right wedding dress silhouette is not an easy task for most of the women who are getting married. Don’t worry, we are here to guide you through.anize everything, and finally enjoy it. Picking the right wedding dress silhouette is not an easy task for most of the women that are getting married. Don’t worry, we are here to guide you through.
Let us have a quick look at the most common body shapes to better understand which silhouette would make you more confident at the wedding.
- Hourglass – The bust area and hips have almost the same size while the waist is well-defined, narrower than the bust and hips. Most clothes would fit you well. To show off the figure, clothes that are curve-hugging can be worn.
- Triangle or Pear-shape – The shoulders and bust are narrower, and the waistline is a bit defined while the hips are wider. Your clothes should show off the waist.
- Inverted Triangle or Apple-shape – The shoulders and bust are larger and the hips are narrow. The lower body is usually slender.
- Rectangle – Straight body type. The shoulders and hips have almost the same measurements, and the waist is narrower but not defined, making the look straight up and down.
- Round or Oval – The bust is average or larger, the hips are narrow, and the midsection is fuller. Clothes that would elongate the torso and create the illusion of a waist are recommended.
Petite – Aside from being conscious of the body shape, the height is also a great concern that needs to be taken into consideration when looking for the best and the most gorgeous dresses to fit. Petite is not really considered a body type or figure. In the world of fashion, it is a term used to describe a woman who is shorter than 5 feet and 3 inches. Thus, a petite woman comes in all shapes and sizes.
A vast selection of wedding gowns can only make you feel more confused and hesitant. In order to look great, you need to find a dress that suits your body shape, as well as your personal style. Remember – don’t ever wear something that you do not feel comfortable in. Now, let’s dig into the different wedding dress silhouettes.
Trumpet Wedding Dress Silhouette
Perfect for: petite, curvier side silhouette, hourglass figure
Trumpet wedding dress cut is something between a mermaid and an A-line cut. However, unlike these two cuts, the trumpet is perfect for those girls with an hourglass figure, side curves, and Petites. A straight-line skirt that flares from knees to the bottom will make you look sophisticated and classy while providing others with an illusion of height.
Mermaid Wedding Dress Silhouette
Perfect for: hourglass figure, small bust body shape, curvy silhouette
Mermaid wedding gowns are one of the most popular ones that many women try, but only a few end up wearing them. The specific mermaid cut is perfect for women with the desire to show off their curves, hourglass figure, as well as, small bust shape. The skirt is strictly following your body line with the dramatic flair from the knees to the hems.
A-Line Wedding Dress Silhouette
Perfect For: All body shapes, silhouettes
A-line dress is narrow at the top, closes to the waist while it extends to the hems, following your body shape, but looking loose and elegant. It is a super flattering silhouette that suits everyone. No matter if you opt for embellishments, tulle, or embroidery – everything will look perfect in an A-line dress. This dress can have an open or closed bodice.
Ball-Gown Wedding Dress Silhouette
Perfect for: pear-shaped body, tall, slim and straight body type, and hourglass figure
Ball-gown wedding dresses are commonly associated with fairytale-inspired weddings. If you intend to look like a princess, then don’t hesitate to pick a ball-gown wedding dress. The typical look of this kind of attire is a full skirt with a fitted bodice and natural waist. It is great to create balanced proportions of your body, so tall, pear-shaped, and hourglass body types will look ideal. A petticoat beneath the skirt may also be needed when choosing this silhouette.
Sheath Wedding Dress Silhouette
Perfect for: petite, slim silhouettes, tall women, and rectangle
Simple and sophisticated – these are the best words to describe the sheath wedding dress. It is utterly chic, so if you want something really simple yet something that will make a statement, pick this kind of silhouette for your dress. This dress is perfect for all tall and slim women. Petite women will also adore them since they won’t make them look like they have fallen into the dress. Avoid it if you are pear-shaped or with curves.
- What to Pack for Your Destination Wedding (Your Ultimate Packing List)
- Wedding Activities to Fill the Reception with Fun
- How to Choose Wedding Dresses for 2020 Spring and Summer Brides
- COVID-19 Forces Couples to Rethink Wedding Arrangements
- Unique Wedding Ideas: Breathtakingly Beautiful Non-Traditional Venues
- Is it Better to Buy or Rent Your Wedding Gown